Heavy Machinery Accident Lawyer in Birmingham
Industrial and construction workers often operate heavy machinery, exposing them to the risk of a serious injury accident or death. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a heavy machinery accident, you may be entitled to compensation from the party responsible for the accident, your injuries, as well as additional damages. Contact the Ifediba Law Group, P.C. for help. Our team of highly qualified Birmingham heavy machinery accident lawyers has more than 20 years of experience successfully obtaining compensation on behalf of injured victims. Call us or fill out our online contact form for a free case evaluation.
Why the Ifediba Law Group, P.C.?
- We are a full-service firm, the stress of any concern you have in relation to your case will be alleviated.
- Your case will be given the attention it truly deserves by an experienced heavy machinery accident lawyer.
- We have extensive experience successfully achieving desired results for our clients.
- We will customize solutions based on your needs, as client satisfaction is one of our top priorities.
Common Causes of Heavy Machinery Injuries in Birmingham
Some of the most common causes of heavy machinery accidents are:
- Getting caught between vehicles backing up, especially for large onsite vehicles with huge blind spots.
- Pinned down by heavy machinery.
- Being struck by falling, flying or discharged objects.
- Getting caught in and dragged by moving machinery.
- Being struck by moving machinery or by it rolling over.
- Getting crushed under structures collapsing due to machinery.
- Falling when mounting or dismounting machinery.
The medical costs associated with these types of debilitating injuries can be exponential, in addition to lost wages and a possibly diminished earning capacity.
Why You Need a Heavy Machinery Accident Lawyer
A heavy machinery accident lawyer can help you file a worker’s compensation claim, deal with the insurance company, as well as seek compensation on your behalf if a third party is liable.
Alabama Code § 25-5-53, or the Workers’ Compensation Act, provides civil immunity for employers, however, if the negligence of a third party contributed to your injury then you may be able to hold them liable for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. For example, if the heavy machinery you were operating was defective or if a coworker removed a safety device from it.
A qualified attorney can also assist you in finding the best available medical care while you focus on your recovery, as well as arrange for your required medical bill payments to be delayed until a settlement is reached.
Options for a Non-Employee Injured in a Heavy Machinery Accident
An innocent bystander who is injured in a heavy machinery accident has the option to file:
- A personal injury lawsuit against the machine operator.
- A vicarious liability claim against the operator’s employer.
- A product liability suit against a manufacturer, if the machinery was defective.
- A personal injury lawsuit against any third party whose negligent actions caused the accident.
Contact the Ifediba Law Group, P.C.
Our team of highly experienced Birmingham personal injury lawyers will protect your rights while seeking maximum compensation on your behalf. We handle injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means there is no cost to you unless we win your case. Call us today for a free consultation so we may discuss your options.